Sunday Service Anniversary
The Tomorrow Syndrome
DR I S James
Text: Exodus 8:6-10
There are some bad habits and practices that we don’t like to see in our lives, you have the power to deal with them today. Do not procrastinate!
failure to do the right thing at the right time
Not allowing God’s power to work in you
- Denies you the ability to reach your full potential in life
- Denies you the ability to enjoy and celebrate your life in peace
- make you miss out on God’s best for your life
Why people procrastinate
- Self-deceiving hope in human nature, that the problem will disappear
- False hope of “i can deal with it when am ready”
Why people procrastinate:
- Wrong thinking that the problem won’t hurt them, “i can get away with it”
- Tolerance for the wrong thing
- Are not ready to pay the price to make change in life
Consequences of procrastination
You keep God’s best waiting for a long time.
Frogs you need to take out of your life
- Negative habits and bad lifestyle e.g. Envy, jealousy, hatred, anger and unforgiveness.
- Being uncommitted in your service to God
- Lack of giving
- Not living life abundantly. Ecclesiastes 3:13
God’s word is always for today, tomorrow is the language of Satan
To rejoice and be glad is a choice you must make everyday
Live life abundantly. Ecclesiastes 3:13
You are the one responsible for your happiness, not someone else.
- Public acclaim
- Manifested respect
- Esteem value or worth
Value and esteem you have in your heart
First an attitude thereafter it is what you do
The source of all honor is God
Do not look to man to get honor
1 Samuel 2:30
You attract honor by honoring God
If you want honor, seek to honor God by honoring the Son
What qualifies man for honor?
- Live out your convictions. Daniel 1:8
- Honor God with your substance. Proverbs 3:9
- Fear God and be humble. Luke 14:11
- Righteousness is right living and a desire to always do the right thing. Proverbs 21:21 and 14:24
- Service. John 12:26
Ministering: Dr I.S. James
Text: Daniel 1:1-8
Ways Honor manifests
Keys to walking in honor
We are all people with defects
You are a Product of:
- Gods purpose and plans. Ps 139
- Personal choices and actions. Deut 30:19
- The action or inaction of our ancestors
Your relationship with God must be sacred.
There are certain things that must be sacred
Your Christian experience must be sacred
Anything you open to satan is no more sacred.
Honor must be earned
No man sins alone. every sin you commit affects somebody. Job 35:5-8
Our transgressions don’t affect God but rather man.
Our sins inadvertently attempt to disrupt someone’s life
If you don’t learn to honor divine things, honor will never come to you.
Entry level requirements
- Nobility & royalty:
- No blemish: no character flaws, weaknesses that no one can point to.
- Good-looking: Appearance and demeanor, your facial and emotional appearance, Sense of style, Personal hygiene
- Gifted in all wisdom: understanding of the nature of things, crafting answers to difficult enigmas. Innovation.
Time and chance has provided a level playing field for all. You might be ahead in life but what made you think it is because of what you did or didn’t do.
Time & Chance can take you from behind and move you ahead.
Stop thinking about what you don’t have – “I wish i was bigger, smaller, smarter……”
When you understand time and chance, you will not be anxious. Don’t limit God by the smallness of your mind, especially when you say it cannot be done.
Is there anything too difficult for God to do?
When God says i will do it, He makes time and chance to happen in your favour.
God’s declaration- One more time the book is open
Actions – Two things
- Focus on what you have, not on what you don’t have.Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t do
- Get God on your side
When time and chance comes, it is not a struggle. What is the trigger for Time & Chance? It is Risk.
Take a risk with God.
Title: The Ark Of God by Pastor I.S James
Text: 2 Samuel 6:1-13
Have you really read this story, Let’s take a look:
David had to bring the ark of God. He gathered 30 000 choice or key men of the country, they went to Baaleh Judah to bring the ark of God. The ark of God whose name is called by the name.
“The Lord of hosts who dwells between the cherubims”
It was brought out of the house of Abinadab, Uzzah and Ahio drove the new cart. Ahio went before the ark. Uzzah put his hand out to stabilize the ark for the oxen were stumbling, God became angry with Uzzah and struck him there for Uzzah’s error.
Remember though the Ark represents: The presence of God
David’s reaction: He became angry at God He named the place where this happened Perez Uzzah He was afraid of the Lord, and did not want the ark to move with him
So what happened next: He took the ark into the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite. And the Lord blessed the house of Obed-Edom
When David heard about the blessing: David then heard of what happened in Obed-Edom’s house and he wanted the ark back.
Flashback to 1 Sam 6:6-7 : That’s where the ark was before for a long time King Saul was on the throne He never thought to bring the ark back to Israel When David became king, he ordered the ark to bring it back
The Ark: The wood of the ark was overlaid with gold In the box, there are 3 items This represents the Godhead
The 3 items that were placed in the ark: The golden pots of manna The rod of Aaron Stone tablets Moses had Everything was overlaid with gold. What covers the ark is called the mercy seat with the cherubims covering it with their wings for protection.
Between the cherubims are 3 things: The atonement blood That is where the Shekinah glory is (the visible presence of God) – Gen 3; Exod 33:15; Psa 51:11 The place from which God spoke face to face. The presence of God: Keeps you peaceful The ark symbolizes the presence of God It was the most important item in the tabernacle
There are 3 types of Christians:
- King Saul type : committed, no passion, best giver, very organised, loyal, never bothered
- King David type : panting after God, vibrant, passionate, some are the worst giver
- Obed-Edom type : he stepped up and took in the ark, he made room and did not complain