There’s a gap—no matter how small—between yearning and sin, desire and giving in. Such desires should trigger a prayer in you, to draw you closer to God in fellowship.
18th Year Anniversary Celebration
Theme: Above Only
Date: Tuesday 3rd – Sunday 8th October 2017
Ministering: Dr. I.S. James – General overseer, Glory Christian Ministries International.
Place: Main auditorium, Glory Christian Ministries Intl. Pretoria. 383 Struben street. Pretoria
Tuesday 3rd – Friday 6th – Meeting time is 6 pm Daily
Saturday 7th Family Fun Day – Meeting time is 9 am
Sunday 8th – Meeting time is 10am
Day 2 – Dream Your Way To The Top
Dr I S James
Be hungry for Jesus Christ
How get to the top
- Righteous living
- Your morality makes your stand out
- Dream is the ladder to the top
Type of dreams
- Day dream: wild ideas or distractions with no strategy and not based on reality
A dream is:
- A God inspired roadmap, a compass. a vehicle to convey you to the top
- Heaven whisper of divine information or instruction into your soul
- God’s humming device
- Connects you to God
Dr. I.S. James – THE POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND
Facebook – @Pst James ; Twitter – @pastorisjames
1Thess.5:23 – Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
UNDERSTANDING THE MAN GOD CREATED
- You’re a Spiritual Being living in a Phy. Body (Gen.1:27; Jn.4:24). 2 Parts – Spiritual & Physical.
- The Spiritual U is made up of Spirit & Soul; yet Different (Heb.4:12).
- Your Spiritual (May be dead/Alive – Eph.2:1).
- Your Soul – seat of Mind, Emotions & Will – the Distinguishing Human Characteristics!
- Your Mind – seat of Intellect, Reason, Memory, Intuition, etc.
- The Spiritual U (Spiritual/Soul) expresses itself through d Body; through 5 Senses – Hear, Sight, Smell, Taste, Touch.
- You can also Interact with both Physical/Spiritual World through your Mental Faculties as Intellect, Reason, Memory, Intuition, Discernment, Perception. Mk.2:8 – But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts?
HOW THE MIND WORKS
- Ur Mind is a Powerful Creative Force! Faster than a Super Computer!
- It can solve thousands of problems in a flash, but only when Under CONTROL & properly directed.
- The MIND is not your BRAIN. Both d Brain &Heart are Physical organs.
- Ur MIND (Spiritual. U) MOVES THE BODY – expresses itself by sending electrical Impulses in form of THOUGHTS, IDEAS & IMAGES to your Brain & d Nervous System to move d Body.
- Gen.11:6 – And the LORD said, “Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them.
- KJV – and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
- imagined – Consider, Purpose, Plan, Plot
2 parts of d MIND- Conscious & Subconscious.
THE Conscious –
- The Thinking part of d Mind; Controls Conscious Actions!
- Consciously Receives Info (Education) from d 5 Senses. of d Body & Ur Mental Faculties.
- Only useful when in Sub-Con. Where Kingdom ‘Seeds’ get easily Removed by d “birds of d air” (Matt.13:4,19).
- Can CHOOSE to Accept or Reject Info, etc.
- ORIGINATE Thoughts, Ideas, Images using d Imagination.
- Repeated Actions/Thoughts Mixed with Emotions gets Transmitted into Ur Sub-Con.
- James Allen – “The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors, that which it loves, and also that which it fears. (As A Man Thinketh).
THE SUB-CONSCIOUS –
- Considered d Emotional part of d Mind. Controls Unconscious/Spontaneous Actions!
- “The chemical lab in which all thought impulses are combined, are made ready for translation into physical reality”. (Napoleon Hill – Think & Grow Rich)
- Whatever’s here (Beliefs, Faith, Traditions, Self-Image, Dreams or Fears); Good or Bad; True or False get Expressed through the Body! UNCONSCIOUSLY!!! It Can’t be Stopped!
- It ACCEPTS & CANNOT REJECT what is fed into it – Beliefs, Faith, Traditions, Self-Image.
- Cannot determine what’s Real or Imagined (Placebo Effect); Miracle – Peter’s Walk on Water! (Matt.14:30-31); Hypnotism (demonic)
- Where Habits/Paradigms are formed (Strongholds). (Giving d Individual his unique Personal characteristics).
- Paradigms are a Collection of acquired Habits, (Genetically & Environmental) passed down.
- Where d Mind Must be Renewed (Rom.12:2). Existing Paradigm can ONLY be Replaced with Others/Better.
Text – 2Kg.4:8-17
- 14 So he said, “What then is to be done for her?” And Gehazi answered, “Actually, she has no son, and her husband is old.”
- 15 So he said, “Call her.” When he had called her, she stood in the doorway.
- 16 Then he said, “About this time next year you shall embrace a son.” And she said, “No, my lord. Man of God, do not lie to your maidservant!”
Proverbs 23:7 (KJV)
- For as he thinketh in his heart, (Mind) so is he:
For a Woman USED to Repeated Disappointments, her Mind (Conscious) had developed a Coping Mechanism – Denial!
So, by Repeated Painful Emotions, her Mind will NOW Act out Only what had been programmed into it (Unconsciously) Rejecting God’s offer – Unbelief!
- The KEY to d ‘Above Only’ life:
- Prov.4:23 – Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.
- NOW Imagine a Person in Control of d THOUGHTS of his Mind – what he entertains!
- It will determine to a great extent d state of his health, prosperity & General Well being.
- “The Dominating thoughts of d Mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action, & gradually transform themselves into physical reality”.
- “Any Desire that I persistently hold in my Mind will eventually seek expression thro’ some practical means of attaining the object”.
(Napoleon Hill – Think & Grow Rich).
Day 4 – The Word
Pastor Shola Famoye
- If your dream is bigger than what you can do then it is God
- The answer to your questions is in the word of God
- When you find the word of God your season will change… Your problem will become a solution
- Satan always comes for the word of God in You
- Your thoughts and beliefs should be based on the word of God
- You are controlled by what you believe
- Always seek to hear what God has said about you
How do you dream your faith:
- Spoken word
- Pick your friend. Exo17:9
- Laugh at your situation. Ps2:4 & 59:8, Job5:22
Words are powerful. watch the things you say. Speak great things concerning your life
You are what you say. Speak what you want
Words are not cheap. Begin to design your words through God’s word
18th Anniversary Video Invitation